Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Update From Your Resident Demons

Dudes, I'm pretty sure that President Obama watches The West Wing, and is just trying to be Jed Bartlet. I mean, that'd be my strategy.
And You Thought Health Care Was a Doozy?

In other news, an avalanche of new music has invaded my otherwise perfectly diligent work ethic. Ha.

I received a postcard from a friend in Wisconsin yesterday, containing updates on her life and happy wishes for spring. Also included was a little update on what the news had been obsessing about lately in the States (Health Care). I found it really adorable that she would think to include an update about the news in the States, like I can't or don't check it everyday over here.

But then I realize that I really don't get that kind of exposure, the saturation of the media in your surroundings and the obsessive nature of the coverage. I.E. watching local news, reading local papers, etc. I can't say I necessarily miss the media-party (I could really give a patoot about Tiger Woods, as a golfer or as a sex addict), but it was a nice reminder that I perhaps check my local news site a bit more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking About a Guinness?

Thinking About a Guinness?
Always.